A special note from Neighborhood Health:
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
We have something to celebrate! Today, Neighborhood Health vaccinated our 500th adult patient for hepatitis A since the Metro Public Health Department (MPHD) declared an outbreak seven weeks ago. These are at-risk adults because they are:
- People who are experiencing homelessness;
- People who use meth, heroin, or cocaine;
- Men who have sex with men; and
- People who have sex with anyone in one of the risk groups described above.
This ongoing vaccination work (and your help!) is increasingly urgent. Yesterday, MPHD confirmed 51 cases of hepatitis A in Nashville since December 2017. This is a 260% increase in the number of cases since late May 2018. Sadly, the future is deeply concerning: just north of us, Kentucky officials now confirm the state has the worst hepatitis A outbreak in the country. State officials there report 1,034 hepatitis A cases with 7 deaths across the state since November 2017. Looking at a more local level, Louisville officials report they have had 519 cases and 4 deaths associated with this outbreak.
Yet, Kentucky also offers some inspiration: health care workers there have vaccinated 76,082 people in the Louisville region alone in the past 9-10 months. That’s an awesome accomplishment — and it’s one you are helping us to replicate right here and right now. We are profoundly grateful for your support as we work with MPHD to stop this outbreak and protect some of our most vulnerable patients.
Thank you again,
Brian Haile | Chief Executive Officer
(615) 227-3000 (to schedule clinic appointments)
Neighborhood Health Business Office
2711 Foster Ave. Nashville, TN 37210
Celebrating Over 40 years of Success
Expanding Access to Quality Healthcare for All
PS: If you know an at-risk adult, urge them to get a free hepatitis A vaccine now at one of these three Neighborhood Health locations:
- Downtown Clinic, 526 8th Ave. South (adjacent to Room In The Inn’s campus) – open 8am to pm Monday through Friday
- Madison Clinic, 601 W. Due West Ave. – open 8 am to 10 pm Monday through Friday, and 8am to 4pm on Saturday
- My House Clinic, 442 Metroplex Dr., Building D, Suite 200 – open 8am to 5pm Monday through Thursday, and 10am to 7pm on Friday
No appointments are necessary for hepatitis A vaccinations – and walk-ins are welcome! You can also refer them to MPHD clinics, which are open from 8am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.